In the previous article we discussed the new PolloCrypt, Breaking Bad ransomware and showed you how it works. But today we provide you with the solution. A security specialist Jada Cyrus, who thinks that nobody should pay ransom for own files has compiled a Ransomware Removal Toolkit for a ransomware removal. This toolkit is currently available online.
In order to remove the ransomware author suggests to follow these steps:
- Remove the impacted system from the network
- Attempt to identify which variant of ransomware you are infected with.
- Before removing the threat, create a copy if possible for later analysis, which may be needed for decryption of files.
- If possible, use restore points or backups to return to a safe state after removing the threat.
- If you have identified the variant of ransomware and a decrypter tool is available for it in this kit, you can attempt to utilize it.
Ransomware Removal Toolkit includes following tools:
Just head to the download page at BitBucket and start ransomware removal now.
Image courtesy Securityaffairs