Who is Cyber Security Analyst?
Cyber security analyst is responsible for studying emerging threats while using both open source and proprietary tools to facilitate research. He/she analysis cyber security level for an employer and searches for security holes. After finding security holes cyber security analyst immediately reports to management and proposes ways to improve security.
Cyber Security Analyst Skills
Companies sometimes require different skills for this positions however most required of them are:
- Strong knowledge of current security threats, techniques, and landscape, as well as a dedicated and self-driven desire to research current information security landscape
- Strong understanding of Windows and Unix Operating Systems, and TCP/IP networking
- Good understanding of organizations business process
- Database knowledge (MySQL/MSSQL)
- Network security boundary devices (firewalls, IDS, proxies)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Fast learner
- Analytical skills
Most companies that we have researched have following requirements for experience, based on the level of vacancy. But take into account that this data may vary and depends on companies internal policy:
Level 2 – Less than two years
Level 3 – Minimum two years
Senior – Minimum of five years
Required Cyber Security Certification
- Comptia Security+
Cyber Security Analyst Salary
Annual salary ranges from $80,000 to $110,000
NOTE: Above information is based on hundreds of job descriptions from job sites, LinkedIn, personal experience and current international trends.
Image courtesy FloridaTechOnline