How to Stay Safe Online Infographics
In order to further raise awareness about protecting private information and preventing cyber criminals from stealing your data, we decided to create infographics.
Feel free to share and make more people aware of current security threats!
How to stay safe online? Considering rising threats to your private information this is one of the most important questions about protecting your systems from malicious players, cyber crooks and hackers.
1. CYBER CRIMINALS USE MALICIOUS WEBSITES AND SERVERS TO INFECT YOUR COMPUTER OR SMARTPHONE – Hover over a link to see where it is directing than google that link, skim through results and find out how safe is the link you were going to visit
2. DON’T TRUST YOUR EMAIL – Spam attack is so sophisticated that it stays as #1 for penetrating advanced systems by infecting them with malware. Never open attachments from unknown sources. DONT CLICK ON CUTE CAT PICTURES IN YOUR MAIL!
3. USE HTTPS TO PROTECT FROM MAN-IN-THE-MIDDLE ATTACKS – Weak encryption is the key for stealing your private information. Always look for green lock icon in your browser’s address field. It ensures that your connection is encrypted and stealing your data is much harder for hackers.
4. ALWAYS USE MALWARE PROTECTION AND ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE – Yes, antivirus era might be coming to an end due to highly sohpisticated malware, that we discover on daily basis. Meaning, if a cyber criminal wants to hack you there is a high probabibility that he/she succeeds. However antivirus software will definately protect your system from known malware and some phishing attacks.
5. YOU DON’T SKIP A LEG DAY, WHY WOULD YOU SKIP AN UPDATE? – Software update is probably the most important part in staying safe. Vendors release security updates in order to fix serious vulnerabilities that might endanger millions of users. Ensure that your system is up-to-date.
6. STAY VIGILANT STAY SKEPTIC – Social Engineering, or hacking a human mind, is the easiest way for getting access to your private information. Never give out any confidential information—or even seemingly non-confidential information about you or your company
One thought on “How to Stay Safe Online Infographics”